3.27.2011

My chair update teaser

Oh what a weekend! I'm all bleary eyed from sewing today and working on my upholstery projects. I am so close to having 2 chair updates complete - it's darn exciting!

I started the weekend finishing up the pink chair update. I tweeked the paint then shabby chic-ed the finish. Once I finished up the shabby chic finish, I added a couple of coats of varathane. The chair is now ready for the reupholstered seat!



Today I cut out the green canvas and then pinned my felt flowers to the canvas. The felt flowers are a dingbat from Dafont called Saru's Flower Ding. I thought the flowers would add a fun, retro vibe to the canvas. I love the bright green canvas with the bright pink paint of the chair. Note this chair is for a little girl so I thought I could go a little crazy with the colours and design. Here's hoping I'm right!

The real time sucker on this update was the addition of the flowers to the canvas. Not sure why it took me so long but it took me awhile to sew the flowers on.

My other chair update is also nearly complete. The chair was easy enough - I sanded, I oiled and I was done. Love it!

Tonight I'm working through the upholstery. I'm using my stash of Liz Claiborne fabric. If I decide to keep this update then I can pair it with my chair update from last summer

Tomorrow's the big day - I'll have both chairs complete then I'm moving on to more chairs. Seriously I have no idea how many chairs I've updated but it's A LOT. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment