1.01.2011

My January project is done & it's gorgeous!

My cabinet update is complete! The update was done in a jiffy. Yesterday I sanded and stained then today I added the swanky drawer pulls and tweeked the finish... My $7 drawer pulls look ultra FAB on the cabinet. Tomorrow I'll get it set up in my place and use it to store my fabric. I'll take a couple of pics tomorrow since the photos I took today aren't the best.

BEFORE // AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER

Today my uber wonderful Dad helped me drill new holes into the drawers. The old drawer pulls had a dimension of 2 inches between the screws whereas my new drawer pulls had a dimension of 3 inches.

So we drilled new holes and the new drawer pulls covered the old holes. Easy breasy!

My free cabinet cost me approximately $60 to update. The only thing I paid for were the drawer pulls since I used supplies I already had - stain, sandpaper, etc. And really the new drawer pulls made all the difference! Anything would be better than the original ones. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment