8.21.2010

A $15 mirror update in 1 hour

Slowly but surely I'm unpacking and getting settled into my new place. My new home is starting to come together! I'm figuring out the things I need and maybe a few things I should let go of.

Mainly I need 'stuff' on the walls: art, mirrors, etc. Tomorrow I'll be hanging my mirror update from last week... And my $15 mirror update from today! I scored a big mirror for my dining room this afternoon. It was pretty desperate looking - nothing says ugly like shellac.

BEFORE // AFTER

As you can see from the photo below, there is a shine to shellac that really is icky - hopefully I haven't offended anyone out there!

BEFORE

Thankfully this was another mirror update that was easy - I figure it took me an hour from beginning to end. Not bad! I took the mirror apart then sanded the wood. It didn't take long at all! I then used the Danish Oil Finish that I picked up at the Gibsons Recycling Depot for free. After I wiped off the excess oil, I was ready to reassemble the mirror.

IN PROGRESS

The last step was adding the screw eye hooks to the back and then the picture wire. Tomorrow it'll be up in my dining room looking FABULOUS!

Next project on track for completion is my magazine rack and hopefully my metal cabinet... If all goes well they will be done tomorrow afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment