This weekend was full of sewing for a change. With the weather a bit grey and wet on Friday and Saturday, there was no dragging furniture outside until today. I had an idea for a felt applique pillow cover and used a 12" x 12" pillow form that I picked up at the Lions Gate Thrift Shop for $2 this week. I had some blue wool left over that I thought would work well with orange and mauve accents. I think the cover looks uber FAB!

I ended up picking up a 10" x 12" pillow form at a church sale on Saturday for $0.50 so made another cover. Here are both pillow covers...

I love the font I've been using for the script - it's perfect! You can find it on Dafont - it's called Noodlescript.

Then today it was sunny and dry - perfect for a quick and dirty furniture update. I bought this chair at the Salvation Army for $4 (I think it's an Ikea chair) then got a lovely green spray paint from Walmart.


I was hoping I could use one of my new pillows with the chair then find the chair a good home. Maybe it's too big but the colours are super fun!

Recent Finds

Saturday I was in Sechelt with Karen for garage sales and the dump. There was nothing worthy in the Share Shed but I did dig around (I know this does not sound very lady like but...) the wood pile and found these gorgeous wood table legs. Fortunately I found 8 - enough for 2 projects. I have no idea when I'll be able to use these but they were a great find!

Tonight I'm starting on a felt applique business card case... I'm getting some super snazzy business cards printed this week. Very exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment