10.19.2008

Update on my Blackberry covers...

I put together the 2 covers I created last week. Needless to say, I'm learning a bunch about sewing - cutting accurately, pinning material... Too bad I didn't take sewing in high school! Since the covers only cost $1 in materials and hours of my free labour, I can always make more covers until I feel they're ready for public consumption... For example the inside compartment on the grey cover is not very straight! Oops...

Recent Thrift Store Finds

This Saturday's thrift store finds include a plain basket to store all of my felt in. I'll need to glue it in a couple of places in the future once I buy a good glue gun. I borrowed my Mom's, which took at least 30 minutes to warm up then shot out the tiniest glob of glue. This I found at the Salvation Army for $2.50.

I also ended up at the Happy Cat Haven garage sale - it may be the last of the season! This time around I only spent $2 and it was on this old metal stool. I won't bother painting the stool since it looks pretty funky as is. I replaced the rubber feet at a cost of $3. The vinyl feet were tattered and one was missing so I picked up rubber feet from Gibsons Building Supplies (GBS). The stool was good to go within 5 minutes of getting it home.

No comments:

Post a Comment